Now, this is an interesting project. Easter dresses were created from… Easter Dresses! Grandma brought pre-cut blocks in from her grand daughter’s dresses. They are both grown ladies now.
In this case, I was supplied with the blocks, backing, AND an image to follow for assembly.
The original design included some very thin fabrics for the middle. After some discussion, it was decided to switch this out for the backing fabric. The result is beautiful!
Hypnotic E2E design was chosen for both quilts. It looks so nice and completes them well.
The blocks were of different fabrics This made having an E2E that seals the quilt important.
Linen Glide thread allowed for lots of texture on the front and back but did not overtake the fabrics.
Both quilts showed lots of texture on the back.
The labels for these quilts were simple. I used coordinating threads so matched the quilts.
While it was not required that I finish these for Christmas, I really wanted to. And did! Grandma just picked them up and was very excited to get them wrapped and under the tree.
- Visit the Blog Page on my Website
- Join the Facebook group Sewing and Quilting with Robyn. Here you can not only see what I am up to, but also share your own projects!
You must log in to post a comment.